Our Schedule (2019/20)
The classes stretch over three terms of nine weeks each. See “Availability for weekly classes” below for the spaces available now, please contact Sabine@cccSkerries.com for information, or if you know what you’d like, use the online form to enroll.
Computer Wizards- Mixed Digital Skills: THE class for all interested in learning how to do all sorts of things with a computer! Each session is divided evenly between keyboard skills and other computer skills. Most have an element of working with presentations (so we can document what we’re doing). Apart from that, each term will have a focus: Term 1: 2D graphics including creating and ordering a printable design (to be agreed with participants – mug, T-Shirt, blank notebook…). Term 2: More 2D graphics – with a different printable this time. Term 3: 3D graphics, including creating and ordering a printable 3D model. Aimed at techies and creative people alike. (And useful for school.) €115 per term (includes printables)
Scratch 1 – Introduction to Coding: Using the free visual programming language Scratch, participants will learn how to make their own small animations and games. Emphasis is on exploratory learning and creativity. €100 per term.
Intermediate Scratch For everyone who has a good basic grasp of Scratch and is ready to take it to the next level. Participants are expected to work on one major project of their own choice per 9-week term. There will also be weekly challenges to loosen the creative muscles! €100 per term.
Introduction to Programming with Python: We’ll make our way slowly but surely through the basics of the versatile programming language that is Python. The participants will get a solid grounding over the three terms, moving from understanding data and objects to using Python to create our own graphics and user interfaces. €100 per term.
Intermediate Python Programming: Building on the concepts of the Introduction to Python course, participants will develop more complex projects. Term 1: Graphics and games. Terms 2 and 3: To be agreed in class, possibly dealing with data and information visualization, or (if preferred) more complex games. €100 per term.
Keyboard Skills / Touch Typing: An extremely useful skill to have, and the earlier you learn, the better! Bit by bit, participants will learn to type without looking at the keyboard. €75 per term.
Minecraft Club: Junior: Play on our own server. Get insights into how the game works and what you can do. Share your experiences – and have fun!
The 2019/2020 Class Schedule
- * W01 Mon 3.15 to 4.15 p.m.: Junior Keyboard Skills (1st to 5th Class) ⏲Note new time!⏲* Continuing & waiting list only*
- * W02 Mon 4.30 to 6 p.m.: Introduction to Scratch Coding (3rd to 6th Class)* Waiting list only.
- W03 Mon 6.45 p.m. to 7.45 p.m.: Keyboard Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class).
- W04 Tue 3.10 to 4.40 p.m.: Scratch Coding Intermediate (up to 6th Class)
- W05 Tue 5.00 to 6.30 p.m.: Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills (3rd to 5th Class). ⚠ €115 per term ⚠ Term 1: 2D Graphics. Term 2: 2D Graphics / Move towards 3D Graphics. Term 3: 3D Graphics. Includes one printed item each term.
- * W06 S00 Wed 3.10 to 4.40 p.m.: Wednesday Minecraft Club Junior * currently open to continuing & waiting list only *
- * W07 Wed 5 to 6.30 p.m.: Intermediate Python Coding (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class) Continuing Only (or by request)
- * W08 Thur 3.10 to 4.40 p.m.: Thursday Minecraft Club ⏲Note new time!⏲* Continuing & waiting list only*
- * W09 Thur 5 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.: Introduction to Python Coding. Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class
Cost: €100 per term of 9 weeks @ 90 minutes. (Typing: €75 per term for 9 x 60 min; Wizards: €115 per term, includes printables). If starting during a term, you’ll only pay for the proportion of sessions after you join.
Use of laptops is included in the fee.
To book any of these classes, fill in the form below. The space is yours, once you have received my confirmation email. If you have any further questions, please contact me, Sabine, by text on 086-0597348, or send me an email: Sabine@cccSkerries.com