Our Schedule (2020/21)
For as long as it is not possible to have afterschool groups in my training room, classes will be taking place online, at the same times, in the form of Zoom conferences. Students need a computer with camera and microphone and internet access.
We will be online for the rest of 2020 and reevaluate as we move into 2021.
Computer Wizards- Mixed Digital Skills: THE class for all interested in learning how to do all sorts of things with a computer! Each session is divided evenly between keyboard skills and other computer skills. Most have an element of working with presentations (so we can document what we’re doing). Apart from that, each term will have a focus: Term 1: 2D and 3D graphics including creating and ordering a printable design (to be agreed with participants – mug, T-Shirt, blank notebook…). Aimed at techies and creative people alike. (And useful for school.) €115 per term (includes printables)
Scratch 1 – Introduction to Coding: Using the free visual programming language Scratch, participants will learn how to make their own small animations and games. Emphasis is on exploratory learning and creativity. €100 per term.
Intermediate Scratch For everyone who has a good basic grasp of Scratch and is ready to take it to the next level. Participants are expected to work on one or two major projects of their own choice per 9-week term. There will also be weekly challenges to loosen the creative muscles! €100 per term.
Intermediate Python Programming / Higher Intermediate Python Programming: Building on the concepts of the Introduction to Python course / Intermediate Python Course, participants will develop more complex projects. €100 per term.
Keyboard Skills / Touch Typing: An extremely useful skill to have, and the earlier you learn, the better! Bit by bit, participants will learn to type without looking at the keyboard. €75 per term.
Minecraft Club: Junior: Play on our own server. Get insights into how the game works and what you can do. Share your experiences – and have fun!
The 2020/21 Class Schedule
We will be online for Term 1, then we will re-evaluate.
Currently, there are only spaces left in the Senior Keyboard Skills on Mondays and in the Intermediate Python Class on Fridays (see below).
Last updated on 24 June 2020.
- * C01 Mon 3 to 4 p.m.: Junior Keyboard Skills (1st to 5th Class)* Fully booked.
- * C02 Mon 4.30 to 6 p.m.: Intermediate Scratch Coding (4th Class and higher) €100 per term * continuing or with previous experience*
- C03 Mon 6.45 p.m. to 7.45 p.m.: Keyboard Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class). €75 per term.
- * C04 Tue 3 to 4.30 p.m.: Junior Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills (2nd to 5 th class). €115 per term. * Fully booked.
- * C05 Tue 5.00 to 6.30 p.m.: Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & Class). €115 per term.* Fully booked.
- * C06 Wed 3 to 4.30 p.m.: Introduction to Scratch Coding. (2nd class and older) €100 per term.* Fully booked.
- C07 Wed 5 to 6.30 p.m.: Higher Intermediate Python Coding (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class) Continuing Only (or by request). €100 per term
- * C08 Thur 3 to 4.30 p.m. : Thursday Minecraft Club *continuing students* €100 per term.* Fully booked.
- C09 Thur 5 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.: Intermediate Python Coding. Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class. €100 per term. Some previous experience with Python necessary.
Cost: €100 per term of 9 weeks @ 90 minutes. (Typing: €75 per term for 9 x 60 min; Wizards: €115 per term, includes printables). If starting during a term, you’ll only pay for the proportion of sessions after you join.
To book any of these classes, fill in the form below. The space is yours, once you have received my confirmation email. If you have any further questions, please contact me, Sabine, by text on 086-0597348, or send me an email: Sabine@cccSkerries.com