Our Schedule (2020/21)
Classes will be taking place online, in the form of Zoom conferences. Students need a computer with camera and microphone and internet access.
Computer Wizards- Mixed Digital Skills: THE class for all interested in learning how to do all sorts of things with a computer! Each session is divided evenly between keyboard skills and other computer skills. Most have an element of working with presentations (so we can document what we’re doing). Apart from that, each term will have a focus: Term 1: 2D and 3D graphics including creating and ordering a printable design (to be agreed with participants – mug, T-Shirt, blank notebook…). Aimed at techies and creative people alike. (And useful for school.) €115 per term (includes printables)
Scratch 1 – Introduction to Coding: Using the free visual programming language Scratch, participants will learn how to make their own small animations and games. Emphasis is on exploratory learning and creativity. €100 per term.
Intermediate Scratch For everyone who has a good basic grasp of Scratch and is ready to take it to the next level. Participants are expected to work on one or two major projects of their own choice per 9-week term. There will also be weekly challenges to loosen the creative muscles! €100 per term.
Python Study Group: We will be working through Head First Python together. Approximately 90 min of work each week outside of class is required. Best for those who already know some Python, though daring beginners are welcome to join in. €100 per term. Book included and will be ordered for participants.
Keyboard Skills / Touch Typing: An extremely useful skill to have, and the earlier you learn, the better! Bit by bit, participants will learn to type without looking at the keyboard. €75 per term.
Minecraft Club: Junior: Play on our own server. Get insights into how the game works and what you can do. Share your experiences – and have fun! €100 per term
Senior Minecraft Group: Cooperative shared server, where rules and parameters will be agreed by the group. Participants will record their progress every week and present on it at the end of each term. Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class. €100 per term
The 2020/21 Class Schedule
Last updated on 23 October 2020. It is still possible to join the following class:
- C03 Mon 6.45 p.m. to 7.45 p.m.: Keyboard Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class). €75 per term / less if starting after the first week.
- * C02 Mon 4.30 to 6 p.m.: Intermediate Scratch Coding (4th Class and higher) €100 per term * continuing or with previous experience*
- C03 Mon 6.45 p.m. to 7.45 p.m.: Keyboard Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class). €75 per term.
- C04 Tue 3 to 4.30 p.m.: Junior Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills (2nd to 5 th class). €115 per term.
- C05 Tue 5.00 to 6.30 p.m.: Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & Class). €115 per term.
- * C06 Wed 3 to 4.30 p.m.: Introduction to Scratch Coding. (2nd class and older) €100 per term.* Fully booked.
- C07 Wed 5 to 6.30 p.m.: Python Study Group (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class) Continuing Only (or by request). €100 per term
- * C08 Thur 3 to 4.30 p.m. : Thursday Minecraft Club *continuing students* €100 per term.* Fully booked.
- C09 Thur 5 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.: Senior Minecraft Group. Cooperative shared server, rules agreed by the group. Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class. €100 per term
Cost: €100 per term of 9 weeks @ 90 minutes. (Typing: €75 per term for 9 x 60 min; Wizards: €115 per term, includes printables). If starting during a term, you’ll only pay for the proportion of sessions after you join.
To book any of these classes, fill in the form below. The space is yours, once you have received my confirmation email. If you have any further questions, please contact me, Sabine, by text on 086-0597348, or send me an email: Sabine@cccSkerries.com