creative computing classes Skerries presents:
💥The 2022 cccSkerries Online Summer Camps💥
A summer of online learning and fun awaits your 8 to 16-year-olds
Book a space on an online, yet Skerries-based computer camp now!
The best of both worlds… from the comfort of your own home, with people in your own area.
Small, friendly groups (no more than 8) led by Sabine McKenna, digital educator with years of experience.
Since 2020, all cccSkerries classes are fully online, and it turns out that this has a number of huge advantages:
- No need to drive anyone anywhere – so if you’re living a bit outside Skerries, or are working from home or otherwise not available to taxi your budding computer whizz to and from camp, that’s a big thing.
- Side effect: Being familiar with video conferencing! The classes happen via Zoom, so the kids pick up how to interact in virtual meetings as well.
- Great learning. Over the last year I’ve noticed that the focus level during the virtual classes is even higher than in real life. Participants seem to really get ‘into the zone’ and move on faster.
- Easier cooperation. Breakout rooms help collaboration, and shared screens allow commenting on other people’s work
- It’s fun, too. Many parents have told me that their daughters and sons hate having to miss the weekly session if they can’t make it for any reason. That speaks for itself!
And what are the camps this year? Four weeks, four different camps!
- Mon 1 Aug – Fri 05 Aug: Summer Minecraft Club: Senior. Going into 5th Class and older. Must have Minecraft:Java Edition installed.
- Mon 8 Aug – Fri 12 Aug: Summer Minecraft Club: Junior. Going into 2nd Class and older. Must have Minecraft:Java Edition installed.
- Mon 15 Aug – Fri 19 Aug: Introduction to Python: Create your own text adventure game and learn using one of the world’s most popular coding languages (and arguably the easiest to learn)! Going into 5th Class or older.
All camps will be held online, using Zoom
Camps run from Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
For the duration of the camp, the participants and Sabine will be in a Zoom meeting.
All participants need is a Zoom-able laptop (send an email to email@example.com if you’re not sure, and we’ll arrange a one-on-one Zoom meeting to check it out) and access to the internet and a Web browser.
Groups are kept small for individual attention – the maximum number per camp will be 10. Cost: €120 per camp.
Fill in the booking form below to secure a space.
Questions? Contact Sabine@cccSkerries.com especially if you do not have Minecraft Java Edition (I may be able to help).
Book now with the booking form on this page (below), or go to the online form here.