Scratch Intermediate Badge: Scrolling Game
This is an intermediate badge. You should hold the Scratch Fundamentals badge before going for this one!
Create a new project to show that you can do all of the following – and share that project:
- Create a “ScrollX” project where the character the user is playing is one sprite, and the background is made up of other sprites.
- Either make it seem as though the user is moving the character by the left and right arrow keys (you actually make the background sprites move)…
or make the background scroll automatically once space bar has been hit once.
- There must be at least six background sprites that the character can move through. The character can start in any of those.
- There must be a way to win or lose the game. Here are some examples: Collecting coins, avoiding cars, surviving for a certain amount of time. (Think Flappy Bird, for instance.)
- Allow the player to make the character jump by using the space bar, to reach coins maybe, or to avoid obstacles. Or use the up and down arrow keys to control the y position of the character.
- There must be a either a clear Start screen inside the project, with rules / information, or a clear End screen which tells the player whether they won or lost, or how well they did.
- If you have time: Describe the rules for your game in the Project Page. If your game is inspired by a classic or other game, you should say so. (“Inspired by Space Invaders.” – “Based on an idea by [Scratch user name here].”)
In order to get a badge, being inspired by another game or project is fine – remixing is not! No cutting and pasting / using the backpack to copy in sprites & scripts please.
Scratch Intermediate Badge:
Scrolling Game Roll of Honour
- ChikenEater for The Greatest Game EVER! on 19 June 2015.
- Ripride for snow scroll on 22 June 2015.
- Ripride (again!) for Snowman V. The Sun: The Sun Returns on 31 May 2017.
- bestsausage for beach on 31 May 2017.
- hjryan for ScrollX badge project (nature dodgers) on 31 May 2017.
- c12345678910c for scroll X on 31 May 2017.
- MrWaffelsss for Desert Dino on 09 June 2017.
- laughingbaby7 for THE GAME WHERE YOU CANT WIN HA HA on 09 June 2017.
- Stickman3005 for scrollx badge on 09 June 2017.
- jccreeper for scrollx badge project on 09 June 2017.
- SunCoreDev for the project Time lord battle the doctor vs missy on 09 June 2017.
- SpriteOneOne for the project scrollx on 30 April 2019.
- dog2107 for the project tennis ball catch on 14 May 2019.
- Bockedy for the project mission doggo on 14 May 2019.
- [Well, who will be next???]