Scratch Intermediate Badge: Vector Graphics
This is an intermediate badge. You should hold the Scratch Fundamentals badge before going for this one!
Open to all participants in the weekly cccSkerries Scratch classes.
Your chance to show off your graphics skills!
Create a new project and do all the following from scratch to show that you can do all of the following – and share that project:
- Create a new project and manipulate the cat Sprite using Vector graphics to make it look as if the cat is either falling asleep, or turning into a different animal.
In the end, it must have at least 10 different costumes.
- Choose another Vector sprite from the library and remix it – this time it’s up to you what you want to do with it. Again, use Vector graphics, and have at least 10 different costumes for it.
- Now create your own sprite from Scratch in (you guessed it) Vector graphics. This one has to have the shape of a cube or a cuboid, it must have a lid and it must open. Have at least 4 different costumes.
- What’s in that box? Create 4 more sprites (Vector!) that will appear when the box is opened. Use your imagination! It could be chocolates, or toys, or even eggs if the box is like an egg box (and then the eggs could open and have something in them…) Each of these four sprites must have at least 2 different costumes. More if you like.
Note: These have to be four different sprites, they should not look identical – creating one and copying it three times is not enough. Challenge yourself!
- And now for the background… Create one background from scratch that is outside during the day, in the sunshine.
- Now copy that background and turn it to night.
- And now it’s either indoors, so a completely new background – or it’s outside, during the day, but rainy. Your choice!
- Great, you now have at least seven sprites with lots of costumes, as well as three backgrounds.
Add programming to make sure that they will all be seen! How you do that is completely up to you – it can be interactive (by clicking on sprites, or buttons, or by using the keyboard), or automatic (like an animation), or a mix of the two.
- Make sure all your sprites have proper names. And the project, too.
- Share your project. Don’t forget to fill in the Instructions and Notes / Credits!
In order to get a badge, being inspired by another game or project is fine –remixing is not! No cutting and pasting / using the backpack to copy in sprites & scripts please.
Scratch Intermediate Badge:
Vector Graphics Roll of Honour
- Ripride for the project vector mode on 23 May 2016.
- 123dsam for the project vector badge on 30 May 2016.
- ChikenEater for the project ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) on 03 June 2016.
- MrWafflesss for the project rondom stuuf on 03 June 2016.
- MrSupreme4543 for the project xpolosion on 03 June 2016.
- c12345678910c for the project badge vector as soon as he has fixed two things.
- Who will be next? 🙂