Do you belong to those of us who prefer typing to tapping out text on the phone?
Would you like your phone to ping less with notifications from all those WhatsApp groups?
Well here are two simple things you can do!
First of all, have your phone ready and go to web.whatsapp.com on your computer. It should look something like this:
Then simply follow the on-screen instructions…
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Find “Linked Devices” in Menu or Settings.
- Capture the QR Code on your screen (not on this page, the one you opened!!!).
You may need to give WhatsApp access to your camera, if you haven’t done that already.
And that’s more or less it!
And now for less pings on your phone…
Did you know you can “mute” groups (and people)? I do that with practically all the groups I’m in.
Once a day, sometimes more often, I check whether there’s something of interest.
Otherwise, I don’t want to know!
So here is how (on your phone):
- Tap on the conversation you would like to mute.
- Tap on the vertical three dots in the top right-hand corner.
- Select “Mute notifications” … and choose for how long: 8 hours? 1 week? Always?
- Tapk OK and… All done!
Do you enjoy this type of information? Then subscribe to the cccSkerries Newsletter, and you’ll get some tips & tricks once a month into your inbox!