Our Schedule (2018/2019)
The classes stretch over three terms of nine weeks each. See list below for a few spaces available now, please contact Sabine@cccSkerries.com for information, or if you know what you’d like, use the online form to enroll.
Computer Wizards- Mixed Digital Skills: The contents will be a mix of general computer knowledge (hardware, software overview; how do computers work? etc.) and applied computer skills (to be agreed with the participants; there will be a small element of keyboard skills; on top of that, we will be working with spreadsheets, presentation software, graphics software). Aimed at techies and creative people alike. (And useful for school.)
Scratch 1 – Introduction to Coding: Using the free visual programming language Scratch, participants will learn how to make their own small animations and games. Emphasis is on exploratory learning and creativity.
Scratch Projects: Advanced Scratch For everyone who has done a Scratch introductory course (summer camp, weekly classes, CoderDojo). There will be weekly challenges and an opportunity to work on bigger projects.
Introduction to Programming with Python: We’ll make our way slowly but surely through the basics of the versatile programming language that is Python. The participants will get a solid grounding over the three terms, moving from understanding data and objects to using Python to gather data from public web sites and creating our own graphics and user interfaces.
Keyboard Skills / Touch Typing: An extremely useful skill to have, and the earlier you learn, the better! Bit by bit, participants will learn to type without looking at the keyboard.
Minecraft Club: Junior: Play on our own server. Get insights into how the game works and what you can do. Share your experiences – and have fun!
Availability for weekly classes:
- S01 Mon 3.45 to 4.30 p.m.: Junior Keyboard Skills Spaces available
- S02 Mon 5.00 to 6.30 p.m.: Scratch Intro Fully booked, waiting list open
- S03 Mon 7 p.m. to 7.45 p.m.: Keyboard Skills (Secondary School Students and 5th & 6th Class) Spaces available
- S04 Tue 3.10 to 4.40 p.m.: Intermediate Coding using Scratch (up to 6th Class) Fully booked, waiting list open
- S05 Tue 5.00 to 6.30 p.m.: Wizards: Mixed Digital Skills: 5th Class to 1st Year Spaces available.
- S06 Wed 5 to 6.30 p.m.: Intro to Python Coding: 6th Class and Older Spaces available.
- S07 Thur 3.10 to 4.40 p.m.: Scratch Projects Junior Spaces available.
- S08 Thur 5 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.: Minecraft Club Junior up to 4th Class Waiting for those on waiting list to confirm
- S09 Fri 4 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.: Scratch Projects Senior from 5th Class Waiting for those on waiting list to confirm
Cost: €100 for 9 weeks @ 90 minutes. (Typing: €50 for 9 weeks)
Use of laptops is included in the fee.
To book any of these classes, fill in the form below. The space is yours, once you have received my confirmation email. If you have any further questions, please contact me, Sabine, by text on 086-0597348, or send me an email: Sabine@cccSkerries.com
Last updated: 29 May 2018.