You don’t have to come to Skerries – I can come to you!
Coding and Minecraft sessions can take place anywhere where there are tables and chairs, and if there is WiFi, so much the better – but it’s not even necessary.
I can bring laptops for up to six participants, or we can use your computers. Contact me, Sabine@cccSkerries.com, for more details!
So far, I have delivered sessions in libraries throughout Fingal County Council and Dún Laoghaire / Rathdown, as well as for Urability Assistive Technology Summer Camps 2015 and at conferences of the Computers in Education Society of Ireland, CESI.
Workshops available include:
Coding with Scratch – Introduction or Intermediate
Minecraft – Introduction or Intermediate
Why Scratch or Minecraft? To enhance Digital Literacy, Thinking Skills, Creativity & Computing, and as a means to Introduce the Touch-Screen Generation to the Keyboard & the Mouse!
Topics to suit your needs – any age from 7 to adult
Other possible workshops include Introduction to Presentations; Knowing Your Browser from Your Search Engine; Google Documents for All Ages.
- Both Scratch and Minecraft can be used for themed events, such as Easter, Mother’s Day, Fun with Numbers
- 90 min workshop, once off: €250
- Two once-off workshops back-to-back in one location (30 min break in between): €450
- Series of 3 x 90 min workshops in one location, one per week: €650
- Series of 3 x 2 workshops @ 90 min in one location, two (back to back, 30 min break) per week: €1,000
I can also bring computers; extra charge: €80 per session for six laptops, €140 for twelve.
The above rates are based on up to 12 children (ideal is a group of up to 6, as far as support & individual attention is concerned), using your computers.
I am usually available on Wednesdays and Saturdays (all day), as well as weekday mornings.
Send me your thoughts in a quick email to Sabine@cccSkerries.com , and we’ll see what we can do!
Last updated: 08 February 2017.